Monday, July 2, 2012

Rewind and Think


Rewind and think
People say you don’t have a heart
now rewind that thought back to the start
is it possible to live without breathing
is wanting something the same as needing
I don’t think that’s how the story goes
and we all would like to hear something that nobody knows
is such a thing possible
or am I being completely illogical
if I said yes you’d probably think I’m crazy
others would think I’m tryna be like Jay-Z
but I’m just tryna bring about some thought
and into this web of comparisons we all eventually do get caught
who has the right answers will always be debated
and we say that racism is dead but we will always be separated
walking through a tunnel where you see no light
hoping and praying that everything will be alright
we have to hold on to the hope we have even if its small
because giving that up is when everything will start to fall
no one can say you don’t have a heart
and if you don’t agree then you are far from smart
we each have the freedom in life to choose what it is we want to do 
and also the freedom to believe and accept what we think is true
so i’ll leave the rest up to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment