Seeing so many people suffering from hunger
listening to old people saying to themselves that they aren’t getting any younger
these people in such different situations
both groups of people human beings but are of no relation
in the same room somebody laughs and another cries
telling one person the truth and another a whole lot of lies
what causes one to do such a thing
what gives a man confidence to secure his lady with that all important ring
all these thoughts in my mind do occur
and if writing them down is the right thing to do, I don’t know for sure
the most peaceful place to be is fast asleep
but how can you ignore seeing a grown man weep
these moments in life we cannot ignore
and I know there is always change but there needs to be more
I can’t stand seeing people suffer on a daily basis
and people getting treated better than others because they have pretty faces
college students chasing that all important college degree
planting the seed eventually bank branches growing out of the well groomed money tree
but what next, where to go
each day going by so fast wishing there was something to make it all go slow
I hate to face this sad reality
so I take advice from others to grow a better mentality
we gotta keep hoping and dreaming
stopping the people with evil plans that they are always scheming
how can rich people think about having more
while the struggles of others they see they chose to ignore
I am not looking to judge, I am just bringing up a point
could that be the reason Iv seen many a young boy rolling up a joint
a plan to change this world I wish I could invent
but all I can think of is to pray and hope that all these people will repent
now I’m not saying I’m a saint and I know I am a sinner
but all I’m tryna say is bringing change to people’s lives is what makes you a real winner
No comments:
Post a Comment